We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Commissioning Engineer (HVAC) to join our team in Surrey. This role will require the successful candidate to travel to client sites and sometimes overnight stays are necessary, so a flexible approach is required. Clients are in the Commercial and Hotel sector. Our works involves servicing and maintenance, installation, commissioning and control design.
- Home Counties / London / Nationwide
Skills, interests and qualities
- Good practical skills.
- The ability to follow technical drawings, building plans and other instructions.
- A safe and methodical approach to work.
- The ability to take accurate measurements.
- A head for heights and willingness to work in all sorts of weather.
- To be comfortable with working in confined spaces.
- Good written and spoken communication skills.
- Good team working skills.
- To adapt quickly to changing situations.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- A presentable and pleasant manner.
- Commissioning; Inspect installation works, measure field pipework, charge system with refrigerant, labelling equipment, programming field settings, recording all commissioning data.
- Fault finding and repairs as required.
- Planned preventative maintenance servicing.
- Complete relevant reports following service visits.
- Ensure activities meet with our Company’s requirements for quality, health and safety, environmental policies and general duty of care.
Knowledge skills & experience:
- Background within the HVAC industry, preferably in Daikin equipment, but training will be given.
- Proven experience of commissioning of HVAC equipment to include; ventilation, AHU’s and air conditioning.
- Sound knowledge and experience of carrying out maintenance and repair on Daikin air conditioning systems including split, multi split, VRV, heat pump.
- J11-F Gas, Safe Handling qualification is essential.
- NVQ 1 & 2 or equivalent.
- CSCS card essential.
- F-Gas is desirable but not essential.
- Good all round knowledge of commercial air conditioning
- Flexible approach to work/clients’ requirements.
- Be prepared to work out of hours from time to time.
- Good organisation skills and have a positive attitude
- Flexible approach to travel over specified area
- This is a mobile role so a full driving license is essential
- Daikin UK Training
- Training given by management
- Overtime and bonuses
- Uniform supplied
- Van, mobile phone and expenses provided for
You would normally work up to 40 hours week, but if you have a particular project deadline you might sometimes have to work extra hours. This could include working evenings and weekends to get the job finished on time.
You would travel from one job to the next in your local or regional area but if you work for a big national company, you may have to work away from home at certain times, anywhere in the country. You’re likely to need a driving licence.
You would work in all types of buildings like offices, shopping centres and schools. You might also work on construction sites, which could be dusty and cold. You may sometimes work in cramped and uncomfortable spaces in order to get access to heating systems and equipment.
If you have the relevant skills, experience and qualifications for this role please email your CV to email@example.com
Job Type – Permanent
Start Date – ASAP